Homonyms (was Dilbert & tech writers)

Subject: Homonyms (was Dilbert & tech writers)
From: Millman_Harvey <millman -at- JMBCORP -dot- MHS -dot- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 1995 15:06:43 EDT

Mary Bull said:

>I actually thought that strip ("compost salad with fetid cheese") was
funny.
>Who else but someone extremely familiar with the English language could
throw
>around near-homonyms to prove his/her obvious mastery of the language
>("composed salad with feta cheese")? It's like using puns in every day
>conversation. I was never offended - and I'm a female tech writer. Must
just
>bee meat.

Speaking of homonyms (near- and nearer), has anyone ever seen "The Anguish
Languish" by someone named Chace? (The second "c" is not a typo.) Among
its
tasty offerings is "a ladle furry starry" entitled "Ladle Rat Rotten Hut."
The
book (actually a pamphlet) seems to be out of print. I may have a copy of
the
"furry starry" around somewhere. It was apparently used in some circles as

typing test. (If a testee understood it, I can't imagine them completing
the test,
because they'd be laughing too hard to type!)

-- Harv
millman -at- jmbcorp -dot- mhs -dot- compuserve -dot- com