Re: Re. Confessing to boo-boos

Subject: Re: Re. Confessing to boo-boos
From: Sarah <sarah -at- TELEPORT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 1995 19:07:15 GMT

OK, I have a couple you might like:

I work for an Internet Service Provider. We have three manuals - Windows,
Macintosh, and UNIX. We had a graphic designer do the cover for the
windows manual, but I provided her with the screen shots. I was having
trouble tranferring the files from the windows machine I use to the
Macintosh - she needed them on a Mac disk - so I just grabbed them on the
Mac. I was thinking in terms of Netscape, that the pages look exactly the
same on either platform. I forgot about the window itself though - so our
Windows manual has screen shots of Macintosh windows on the front.

In the same manual I reversed two numbers. City A with number B and city B
with number A. We did a print run of 25,000... It took almost 100 hours
for people to put stickers with the correct numbers over the error...

The only thing that saved me was the fact that everyone else in the
company had read the manual, including the owner.

Sarah

--
docs -at- teleport -dot- com
sarah -at- teleport -dot- com