Re: Does Frame crash? Heck no !

Subject: Re: Does Frame crash? Heck no !
From: Sally Derrick <sally -at- DEV -dot- TIVOLI -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 1995 08:38:05 -0500

Richard Dimock writes:
> Crash? Crash? Don't recognize the term. We have Frame4 for UNIX
> on a SUN network, and it doesn't crash. The network may become
> operationally challenged, but Frame doesn't crash.

I've had Frame4 crash a few times. In fact, just yesterday I managed
to do it. It's definately the fastest disappearing act I've ever seen.
It clocks for a few seconds and just when you start to wonder, POOF,
the whole screen goes blank.

However, Frame crashes soooo infrequently I don't seem to get too
upset with it. Frame is also EXCELLENT at recovery files. If it does
go down or if your network goes down around it, Frame creates a
.recover file for each file that was open. In 4 year of using Frame and
only about 10 crashes (at least half of which were power failures), I
have never lost more than 30 minutes of work.

Sally Derrick
Tivoli Systems Inc.
sally -at- tivoli -dot- com