Re: more power, more speed

Subject: Re: more power, more speed
From: Romay Jean Sitze <rositze -at- NMSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 1995 15:12:18 -0600

On Wed, 2 Aug 1995, Gregory Keith wrote:

> >please, please, brag to me about it if you have a "top of the line" pc,
> >and also let me know what types and sizes of documents you develop with
> >it.

> We've got Pentium P90s and 486/33s and there's a world of difference between
> the two:

I interned with a small engineering firm last year. For most of the year
I worked on a slow 286 (Brrrrrr :( ). It was incredibly bad. During the
summer they upgraded to a 486/33 with 8MB RAM. Incredibly better, but
still slow and the monitor still small. At home I have a 486/50 with 16
MB RAM and a 19" monitor (I do a lot of work with graphics and page
layout so really appreciate the large screen.) When I took work home, my
system was so much more efficient that I was tempted to pad the time
sheet to reflect the time it would have taken at work!

RoMay Sitze, rositze -at- nmsu -dot- edu