HELP

Subject: HELP
From: "William B. MacLeod" <WBMACLE -at- ACCUSORT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 1995 09:18:16 EST4EDT

Hi,
I am the Technical Publications Manager of a company that employs
about 450 people. We manufacture bar code scanning systems, and
the majority of our people are engineers. My department consists of
five writers all with BAs in English. I am looking for a new way of
manual development to present to upper management.

I am interested in finding out how people gather information for their
documentation from technical personell. Are you required to know all
the technical information yourselves and dig it out of peoples heads?
Is this technical information supplied to you? As a technical writer,
what are your major responsibilities?

Thank you for your input in advance. I am greatful for anything.

-----
William MacLeod wbmacle -at- accusort -dot- attmail -dot- com
Technical Publications Manager +1 215.721.5093
Accu-Sort Systems

The opinions in this message are my own
----