Re: Error Message Boo Boos

Subject: Re: Error Message Boo Boos
From: Stuart Burnfield <slb -at- FS -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 1995 08:31:01 +0800

Janice Gelb (janiceg -at- ENG -dot- SUN -dot- COM) said:
> Or, even worse, the error messages that say "Your data has been
> destroyed" and then want you to click OK. No, it's *not* OK!

xv is a nifty image manipulation program for X Windows. When it can't
do what you wanted, instead of 'OK" you get a button labelled 'Bummer'.

Once, when I was testing a new product, I mustn't have had the terminal
type set. It defaulted to the lowest common denominator, a dumb terminal.
The first time the software tried to format some output to the screen,
it came up with:

| |
| I don't know anything about your dumb terminal |
| |

Regards
---
Stuart Burnfield (slb -at- fs -dot- com -dot- au) Voice: +61 9 328 8288
Functional Software Fax: +61 9 328 8616
PO Box 192
Leederville, Western Australia, 6903