Re: dos or windows editor

Subject: Re: dos or windows editor
From: "M. Crane" <psu01055 -at- ODIN -dot- CC -dot- PDX -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 1995 07:45:24 -0700

Hi, I'm new to this list. Hello Technistas!

I've been checking out small editors for about a month, and my favorite
is QEDIT, which can emulate WP or other keystroke patterns and seems very
smartly built. It can also handle large files, unlike many other dos
editors. BUT--because I don't have the shareware fees right now, I use
EDIT, which is included with dos 6.22, and probably several earlier versions.

I am also experimenting with Freemacs, which seems to be useful although
is so feature-laden that it confuses me somewhat. All of these are
available in the Simtel archives,

ftp.oak.oakland

within the

Simtel/dos/editors

directory. Freemacs is freeware, incidentally.

Mark Crane

A few days ago Lavonna asked:

> This should be an easy one for several of you: Where on the net
> can I find a good editor that is a step above Notepad in that it will
> allow me to Replace?

> I am doing my initial HTML conversions in Word Internet Assistant, but
> because of some of its quirks, I'd like to edit in another package.

> Thanks!

> LaVonna
> LaVonna F. Funkhouser Immediate Past President, OK Chapter
> lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com Program Manager, 1995 Region 5 Conf.
> technical writer Society for Technical Communication
> COREStaff Communication Svcs.

> My opinions do not officially represent anyone other than me.

Mark Crane
Psu01055 -at- odin -dot- cc -dot- pdx -dot- edu
Portland State University