Help! I'm MS-Word Challenged

Subject: Help! I'm MS-Word Challenged
From: Karen Steele <Kstle -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 1995 11:06:40 -0400

Please forgive me if this has been addressed recently.
I'm trying to get a book out. (Yes! Some of us are still paper-bound!)
I'm using MS Word 6.0 (which is really not up to the task -- but that's
another post...).
The headers are numbered (it's a tech design doc) & I'm having trouble
getting Word to insert enough space between the last number in the heading &
the text of the head. When I increase the "space between the number & the
text" it works just fine if that level is the last level. But what I'm
getting is "III. 4. a. Designing Screens With PowerBuilder" , or
"III.4.a.Designing Screens With PowerBuilder" etc., instead of "III.4.a.
Designing Screens With PowerBuilder".
(I hope the spacing translates across Cyberspace!)
Anyway, if anyone has dealt with this problem, would you please contact me
offline? I get the digest & really hate to wait til tomorrow to solve this
terrible problem.
TIA (Thanks in advance...)
Karen
(Queen of parenthetical phrases this morning!)