Re: Dallas Entry Level Frame/UNIX Opening

Subject: Re: Dallas Entry Level Frame/UNIX Opening
From: Julie Driscoll <jdriscol -at- CONSORT -dot- URBANA -dot- MCD -dot- MOT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 1995 17:48:12 -0500

Carl Millholland writes:
>I'd be real interested to know how may entry-level applicants with
>Frame and UNIX experience send in resumes. Where does not get Frame
>experience fresh out of school (UNIX, I can see--but both)?

>I guess one can always hope and dream.

It's easy to have both Frame and UNIX experience if you use FrameMaker on
a UNIX platform. I graduated from college in May of 1995. I have had an
internship since Sept. of 1994 where we use FrameMaker on UNIX, so I
would feel qualified applying for this position, even though I am
entry-level as a "real" technical writer.

Internships are definitely wonderful things!
-julie-

Julie Driscoll Technical Writing Intern Motorola Urbana Design Center
jdriscol -at- urbana -dot- mcd -dot- mot -dot- com My opinions are all mine!
"The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the
difference between lightning and the lightning bug." -- Mark Twain