Are there any word/language guru's out there?

Subject: Are there any word/language guru's out there?
From: Sue Jones <suej -at- ANNAMAY -dot- BBN -dot- HP -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 1995 14:56:05 +0200

Hi guys (notice the genderless term of address),

this dork I just got rid of has paid me back by filling our Concepts
Guide (meant for operators with hardly no technical knowledge at all),
with massive words which will mean nothing to them at all. I've
just about managed to find all of them, and provide alternative
phrases that mean will something to the user, but this last one
refuses to be influenced by my creative juices.

Has anyone got any idea for a phrase I could use instead of the word
"lexicographical", in the context of a listing (i.e. "nodes/templates
are listed in lexicographical order")?

Any ideas (as long as they're clean) will be gratefully received.
(Actually, now I think about it, i'd probably be grateful for the
unclean ones too - just for a giggle.)

Regards,

Sue Jones
OperationsCenter/NSMD Boeblingen LP Coordinator
Network & System Management Div. Internet: Susan_Jones -at- hpbbn -dot- bbn -dot- hp -dot- com
Hewlett-Packard GmbH Telnet: 778-2426
Herrenberger Str. 130 Phone: (+49)-7031-142426
D-71034 Boeblingen Fax: (+49)-7031-143263
Germany Mailstop: I41

"For we are more than conquerors"

"To achieve greatness.......

Start where you are......Use what you have......Do what you can"