Re: question about term ("wild card"/"wildcard")

Subject: Re: question about term ("wild card"/"wildcard")
From: Stuart Reynolds <stuartr -at- FIRSTGRAPHICS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 1995 01:10:09 -0800

-- [ From: Stuart Reynolds * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

> FWIW, The Microsoft Press Computer Dictionary has an entry for "wildcard
> character."

>In "The Computer Glossary - The Complete Illustrated Dictionary" by Alan
Freedman, "wild cards" is >listed as two words.

Pretty sad state of affairs, when an industry can't decide how one of thier
own terms is defined. I checked it out with two different spell checkers on
my system. Both are MS apps and get this, they can't agree. Pretty nerfty
stuff eh what? Geez.
--
Goin' down in flames...
But the colours are neat!!