Re: Are there any word/language guru's out there?

Subject: Re: Are there any word/language guru's out there?
From: Pat Madea <madea -at- MMSI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 1995 14:16:57 MST

>Has anyone got any idea for a phrase I could use instead of the word
>"lexicographical", in the context of a listing (i.e. "nodes/templates
>are listed in lexicographical order")?

I suppose "ASCII order" wouldn't work unless you explained ASCII
first, right? In computer jargon, lexicographical order indicates how
characters are ordered in ASCII. Consequently, the uppercase Z
character, lexicographically speaking, comes before lowercase a; the
virgule / comes before uppercase A and so on.

madea // madea -at- mmsi -dot- com