The decision...wild card vs wildcard

Subject: The decision...wild card vs wildcard
From: Jane Bergen <janeb -at- IADFW -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 1995 20:00:59 -0500

Thanks so much to the MANY replies I received from this list. Almost
everyone cited sources, which I found very helpful. By far the greatest
number of respondents (and cited sources) preferred the two word approach:
wild card. Interestingly, Microsoft uses one word: wildcard.

After great thought, and a few meetings, of course, we've decided to go
AGAINST Microsoft (gasp!) and use the two words: wild card.

Again, thanks to all the respondents. I was amazed at the number, the
swiftness, and the helpfulness of all of you! What a great resource we have
here in our collective knowledge and eagerness to help each other!!

Jane Bergen
janeb -at- iadfw -dot- net
"The difference between the right word and the almost right word
is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug" (Mark Twain)