Re: help re: subordinate superior

Subject: Re: help re: subordinate superior
From: Callie <callie -at- WRITEPAGE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 1995 22:58:44 GMT

In article <3027B906 -at- ncr02>,
"Delaney, Misti" <ncr02!ncr02!mdelaney -at- ucs01 -dot- attmail -dot- com> wrote:
>after over a year of working with us, this person is still turning out
>sentences like "Then a you can press a button to display the data windows."
[dreadful writing snipped]
>We edit this person's work ferociously, for all the good it does - these
>examples are both are taken from the second draft of a document. Also, we
>only can edit work that is done on projects we work on with this person;
>there are several other projects that are worked on solo, and we never see
>those.

Becca and Misti:
It's time to take the person aside, with a collection of documents that
person wrote (their draft, with your copyedits on it) and have a serious talk
about the need to proofread one's grammar. Perhaps dyslexia is the problem.
This is on a par with telling a coworker about bodily hygeine ... they will
be horrendously insulted. However, if they can't write, they are clearly in
the wrong job.

Callie