Re: Non-standard page sizes

Subject: Re: Non-standard page sizes
From: Stuart Reynolds <stuartr -at- FIRSTGRAPHICS -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 1995 00:28:42 -0800

-- [ From: Stuart Reynolds * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

> We just went through that. What I recommend is that you specify 8= x 11
pages,
> make your margins narrower then put crop marks in the margins for the
printer
> to go by when it's time to go to press. That way, you can easily print
them out
> on your laser printer without having to have a special stock of odd-sized
> paper, and you can copy them for in-house use with your vanilla
photocopier.
Ummm... why bother with margins and crop marks in them.. Just specify the
page size ya want for the text formatting in the app you are writing the doc
in. When you go to print them on your own laser, you simply specify the
size of the input paper, in the settings dialog box. You don't hafta screw
around with maargins then. That can create problems if the stuff has to go
to film for a large print job. You should never give the image output
house, anything other than exactly what you want. It saves time, money and
headachse caused form grief when you look at the film and find that it ain't
hat you had planned on it being.

Stui
--
Goin' down in flames...