Re: against "we"

Subject: Re: against "we"
From: Stuart Burnfield <slb -at- FS -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 1995 11:59:54 +0800

"We recommend..." is less suited to low-level advice about a particular
setting or option. If it comes down to a trade-off between resources
(e.g. speed vs available memory) it's really up to the users to decide.
Give them the information and leave them to it.

I use "We recommend..." to recommend one procedure over another. We
recommend that you don't cycle through a small number of backup tapes.
You can do it if you want (see below to find out how...) but we recommend
you do it this way instead, because...

---
Stuart Burnfield (slb -at- fs -dot- com -dot- au) Voice: +61 9 328 8288
Functional Software Fax: +61 9 328 8616
PO Box 192
Leederville, Western Australia, 6903