Re: the pound sign (#)

Subject: Re: the pound sign (#)
From: "Starr, Mike" <Mike -dot- Starr -at- SOFTWARE -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 1995 10:08:40 -0600

<<Peter zimmer said:

Oh yeah, in phone-speak "*" is a 'Star', not an asterisk.... but then
"asterisk" from latin/greek means "little star".... and is three
syllables and eight letters long, versus one and four.>>

In some quarters, we call it a Nathan Hale on the theory that he once said:
"I regret that I have but one asterisk for my country."

Mike Starr
mike -dot- starr -at- software -dot- rockwell -dot- com