Re: STC Tech Pubs Competitions

Subject: Re: STC Tech Pubs Competitions
From: Ellen Fenwick <ellefenw -at- MAILSTN -dot- SARMC -dot- ORG>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 1995 08:27:31 -0600

Regarding guidelines for selecting judges and the judging process for STC's
publications competitions - have I got an answer for you!

This year, the Society for Technical Communication (STC) formed a special
committee to look at just those things, as well as criteria for judging the
entries themselves. STC already has material on these things that it
distributes to chapter competition managers each year when the competitions
start, and this year the committee will be evaluating and supplementing the
information. Different chapters have developed excellent materials to
supplement what STC sends them, and the committee will be gathering and
consolidating that information.

The head of the committee is Charlotte Ruenzel. If you would like further
information about the work being done, or have ideas and information to
contribute, I encourage you to contact her at (414) 963-5248. Or, you can
e-mail messages to me and I will see that she gets them.

Ellen Fenwick, Manager
International Technical Publications Competition, STC