Re: Which do you think is better...

Subject: Re: Which do you think is better...
From: Stuart Reynolds <stuartr -at- FIRSTGRAPHICS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 1995 01:16:40 -0800

-- [ From: Stuart Reynolds * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

> We are convinced that the current convention of splitting the sentence
around a
> screen capture
> will create a translation nightmare. We are considering two new
conventions:

> Convention 1

> Select the Edit Manager Properties... option from the Edit menu.

> --screen capture of the Edit menu with the Edit Manager Properties...
> option---

> This displays the Edit Local Print Service Monitor dialog.

> --screen capture of the Edit Local Print Service Monitor dialog--

I prefer door number 1. However, I also prefer the convention of putting
the menu or window name first, so that you have the reader already there
looking for something to pick, rather than giving them an option to select
and then having to go in search of the menu/window in which it resides.

Stui
--
Goin' down in flames...
But the colours are neat!!