Re: What's on topic

Subject: Re: What's on topic
From: mpriestley -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 1995 16:03:45 EDT

Paul Race writes:
>Eric, Michael, I won't argue the fact that a lot of what we do on the job
>has nothing to do with techwriting. (I will, however, point out that,
>unlike IBM paperwork drills, data integrity is an issue that affects us
>all).

Out of curiosity, which item in my list was a "paperwork drill"? Time sheets?
I would have thought they were very near as prevalent as taking your work
through an airport X-Ray machine (not something I've ever done myself).

>But what really confuses me is Michael's first comment, that

>> 1) If someone sends you private e-mail, it is impolite to repost it to the
>> list (even when the e-mail is as innocuous as Eric's)

Mea culpa. I completely missed Eric's message (short memory in my list
browser), and when I checked archives all-too-quickly I missed the relevant
post because of the different subject header.

Sorry 'bout that...

Michael Priestley
mpriestley -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com
Disclaimer: speaking on my own behalf, not IBM's.