Re: x-rays/airports/disks

Subject: Re: x-rays/airports/disks
From: Preeti Mathur <pmathur -at- TSII -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 1995 16:06:21 CDT

Re: X-rays and film, James Perkins <perkins -at- BILBO -dot- NTC -dot- NOKIA -dot- COM>, wrote:
Not in my experience. <SNIP>. If the machine says "filmsafe", this is actually
true.
However, it may be a good idea to be wary of machines in more
questionable places, for example India or some African countries.

I agree with his first statement,. However, I object to the last sentence
where he labels India as a
"questionable place" . I would like to point out that I've made at least
10 trips to and from India with scads of both
exposed and unexposed film, and never once had any problem. X-ray machines
in India are made by Siemens
International and I don't think there is any thing questionable about them.

India is no longer a country that Rudyard Kipling portrayed. I strongly feel
that as communicators we should refrain from making
value judgements especially if we do not have the knowledge or experience
to substantiate them.

Preeti Mathur

______
Preeti Mathur
Marketing Communications
TSI Inc. P.O. Box 64394
St Paul, MN 55164-0394 USA
Phone: (612) 490-2805 Fax: (612) 490-3824
Email:pmathur -at- tsii -dot- com
WWW: http://www.tsii.com