TW Recreational Ranch

Subject: TW Recreational Ranch
From: Richard Dimock <red -at- ELSEGUNDOCA -dot- ATTGIS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 1995 08:59:29 PDT

Great Idea, Gang!

NPR carried a story this morning about cattle ranches now making
good money by taking in guests who want to experience the REAL
ranch life. At $100 a day! Not DUDE ranches, but Recreational
Ranches, where the cows come first, not the visitor. Shovel manure,
drive cattle, etc.

Well, obviously we Pubs Departments, even one-writer ones, can
do the same thing! Make ourselves into Profit Centers rather
than Expense Centers.

There are MILLIONS of dreamers out there yearning for the
opportunity to become TWs. Whether parents tried to beat the
dreams out of the child, whether spouses threaten divorce if TW
dreams are pursued, matters little now. The key is that these
dreamers will pay $$$ to experience the REAL TW life for a time.

Let me stress that the experience HAS to be AUTHENTIC! Budget
motel rooms, pay their own taxi, lug laptops, even interview
for a TW job with the department before being "taken in".

Think of the fun your fellow meeting attendees will have with these
TW greenhorns, and indeed such meetings will be AUTHENTIC!

This fair staggers the imagination! This is the chance to
raise our public image, promote new language standards, teach
grammar to a captive audience -- in short, our collective dreams
come true!

I bet if he played his cards right, Eric could do a similar operation.

I need some think time to flesh out this idea and present it to
management. Hmmm. the Corporation Recreational Ranch! Experience
a large corporation at work, first hand! AT&T will jump at this!

Yours from El Segundo,

Dick Dimock Artfully Senior TW scheming his escape from

AT&T GIS and into full time TW Rec Ranching, based,
naturally, in

El Segundo, CA Where even regular citizens revere TWs. I asked
Archie the barber myself.