LIST about Internet Service Providers SUMMARY

Subject: LIST about Internet Service Providers SUMMARY
From: Richard Dimock <red -at- ELSEGUNDOCA -dot- ATTGIS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 1995 14:49:08 PDT

Sorry, I goofed on this request and didn't include my direct email
address, thus causing more irreplaceable bandwidth to be consumed.
Buried in bandfills.

Maybe someday we will learn to recycle our lost bandwidth.

As y'all have noticed, I had a few replies to my requeat for lists about
Internet service providers. The replies had to come across the list, since
good ol' Artfully blew the direct route.

Anyway, to summarize:

For Raw list names, go to the Web page

http://thelist.com/

Tommy suggests a yahoo search may turn up other such lists.

For local providers, you may find something in your city like they
have in Dallas/Fort Worth:

dfw.internet.providers

There is a news group that I assume would offer **opinions** {8Q :

alt.online-service

Karen suggests grepping your newsfeed for Internet Services. Sounds rather
(a) violent, (b) lewd, or (c) fattening. Humor, there.

Bill suggests reading computer mags for comparisons of providers. Sounds like
good advice. In other words, get involved rather than hoping someone else
can spoon feed you a solution you won't like anyway!

_________________

One datum I did find out is a negative vote for Net.Com. One dissatisfied
customer.
He was not specific. As a travelling consultant, Net.Com did not meet his
needs.
It was this person's comment that started me thinking about a permanent home of
my
own. It is hard to change once established - like dying for a while.

Dick Dimock Artfully attending meetings, taking on more projects at

AT&T GIS in hazy

El Segundo, CA Where Internet Service Providers skulk near every telephone
booth.