Re: Which do you think is better...

Subject: Re: Which do you think is better...
From: John McGhie <jmcghie -at- WORLD -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 1995 16:04:17 GMT

Dan Martillotti <danm -at- dev -dot- tivoli -dot- com> wrote:

>We currently use the following convention:

> Select the Edit Manager Properties... option from the Edit menu

> --screen capture of the Edit menu with the Edit Manager Properties...
> option---

> to display the Edit Local Print Service Monitor dialog.

> --screen capture of the Edit Local Print Service Monitor dialog--

>We are convinced that the current convention of splitting the sentence around a
> screen capture
>will create a translation nightmare.

Dan: I agree this will create a translation nightmare in Japanese,
where the sentence will be inverted.

But I believe the second screen capture is unnecessary. The only
place you have to show a GUI user the outcome is in the Getting
Started With Windows Guide, and Microsoft has alrady written it <g>

For other users, the outcome happens in front of their face, they do
not need a picture of it.

Just my thought...