Re: Need Advice About Capturing and Printing Graphics with Word 6.

Subject: Re: Need Advice About Capturing and Printing Graphics with Word 6.
From: Stuart Reynolds <stuartr -at- FIRSTGRAPHICS -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 1995 08:45:43 -0800

-- [ From: Stuart Reynolds * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

> One trick: don't resize. I haven't seen a difference in TIF vs BMP for
> screen shots, but any resizing in either (and any screen shot will be a
bitmap)
> gives the jaggies.
The other thing to remember, is that Windows screen resolution is only 92DPI
. Looks good on screen, but bites when printed. If you have an intense
graphic, you will loose out when saving unless you are using a graphics
package. Photopaint (Corel) Photostyler (Aldus). If you have an image that,
for whatever reason, is too small, as Callie says, don't stretch it out,
pull the image into the graphics editor and "resample" it maintaining the
image ratio and set to no-alias. Keppp you res the same <dpi> and reset to
the size ya need. You should be OK tho', to shrink an image. The dif.. save
format. Not much, although, using TIF gives you a compressed image, takes up
less disk space and is more portable <incase someone on another platform
needs to use it>

Stui
--
Goin' down in flames...