Electronic Documentation - User Manual

Subject: Electronic Documentation - User Manual
From: Bernie Liling <bliling -at- MAIL -dot- NETVISION -dot- NET -dot- IL>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 1995 21:09:55 +0300

A recent subscriber to this list, I am interested in advising with others
regarding electronic user manuals.
I am working with a company which has experience in putting together
educational programs in Director and Authorware. I want to apply the
company's multimedia production skills in order to produce an electronic
user manual, with video instructional clips, for a medical device manufacturer.

1) The manual will run from a dedicated hard disk, to be installed in the
device's PC-compatible computer. Any suggestions regarding the type of disk
to use?
2) Video playback would probably be via an MPEG playback card. Any
suggestions regarding hardware?

Can someone out there advise me regarding methods and techniques suitable to
producing such a manual, or even point me in the right direction for such
advice (perhaps a different e-mail list)?

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Bernie Liling
---
Bernie Liling