Re: file formats for graphics

Subject: Re: file formats for graphics
From: Grant Hogarth <GRANT -at- ONYXGFX -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 1995 10:36:33 +8

This book is expensive (US$65-70) but if you are doing any serious work
with graphics, it is *well* worth the money. It tells you (clearly) more than
you
ever wanted to know about the various formats and flavours of graphics files,
and the included CD is full of useful data and shareware.

I recommend it highly.
Grant

--- re: Rick Klopp's message "file formats for graphics" ---

> You might find an answer in this book:

> Encyclopedia of Graphics File Formats
> by James D. Murray & William vanRyper
> 1994, O'Reilly & Associates, 900 pages + CD-ROM
> ISBN 1-56592-058-9

> I don't know the book, but people on internal IBM fora have been
> recommending it to other IBMers asking the same question.

> Rick Klopp Speech Recognition Information Development
> IBM Austria ID: rklopp -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com
> Disclaimer: my views are my own, not my employer's.
Grant Hogarth, Information Services Manager
Onyx Graphics Corp. Midvale, UT

"If everyone liked the same things,
think what a haggis shortage there would be!"
-- M. Z. Bradley