FW: Fwd: Re: Improving the clarity

Subject: FW: Fwd: Re: Improving the clarity
From: "Delaney, Misti" <ncr02!ncr02!mdelaney -at- UCS01 -dot- ATTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 1995 16:49:00 -0500

From: Price, Becca
Date: Tuesday, August 22, 1995 3:39PM

myself, I prefer to mention things in the order in which they will do them.
"Select Open from the File menu" is basackward to me. I prefir "Select
File>>Open" or "From the File menu, select Open" OTOH, I was trained by a
fierce editor early on to *ALWAYS* (his shouting, not mine) start a step
with an action verb, and not bury the action after a modifying clause.

-b
From: Karen Mayer \ : ()
Subject: Re: Improving the clarity

I have to say that an instruction like

- To open a file, select File / Open from the main menu.

is easier to read and follow than

- To open a file, select Open from the File menu.