Re: four most-wanted prog. languages

Subject: Re: four most-wanted prog. languages
From: Paige Vinall <vinall -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 1995 12:56:51 PDT

In TECHWR-L Karen Davis PSP team 03 505 <karene -at- ASIMOV -dot- SC -dot- TI -dot- COM> writes:

> COBOL is only used in a very
>few, very antique banks and insurance companies.

I beg to differ. It has been estimated that there are over 65 billion
lines of COBOL code in use today. I admit that it is not yet in wide
use on workstations or PCs, but I think that will change over time
as the mainframe community moves forward.

Paige Vinall
Internet: vinall -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com, Phone: (408) 463-2106