Audience Analysis information needed

Subject: Audience Analysis information needed
From: Nancy Hoft <itech -at- MV -dot- MV -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 1995 07:22:08 -0400

Hello all,

I'm trying to help an intern of technical writing learn how to do an
audience analysis and would appreciate any information you can share.
The intern is part of a certificate program in technical communication
that pays lip service to this most important aspect of our profession.
I'd like to make sure that his work experience is a bit more thorough.

*** Please respond to: nhoft -at- suneast -dot- east -dot- sun -dot- com ***

I am interested in:

1) the questions you ask when you perform an audience analysis

2) any information on how you format a report summarizing the results of
your audience analysis

3) any books or articles you can recommend that discuss performing an
audience analysis

Thanks in advance. - Nancy

Nancy Hoft, itech -at- mv -dot- mv -dot- com
INTL TECH COMM SVCS
RR2 Box 493 Moran Road
Temple, NH 03084
Telephone: 603.878.4540