Multilingual Documentation

Subject: Multilingual Documentation
From: TE <te -at- TECED -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 1995 11:10:15 -0400

Tec-Ed is conducting a small study of technical writers and other
contributors who have created printed user documentation containing at
least three languages in the same volume. We're looking for
practitioners who'd be willing to spend an hour on the phone with us
talking about their experiences. We'd also be happy to talk with anyone
conducting research on this topic.

We particularly want to learn about the organization and format people
are using for multilingual documents, the decision-making behind the
approaches selected, and the kind of user feedback collected before
and/or after publication. Of course, we're also interested in any
"lessons learned"; that is, things you'd do differently in the future.

If you're interested in participating in this study and receiving a copy
of the final report, please send e-mail with a statement of your
experience and contact information to lori -at- teced -dot- com -dot- I'll contact you
to schedule an interview for a convenient time in September. Thanks.