Re: Win 95

Subject: Re: Win 95
From: Rick Waugh <rick_waugh -at- MINDLINK -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 1995 18:18:39 LCL

In article <950828085221_85104674 -at- mail06 -dot- mail -dot- aol -dot- com> DeeYG -at- aol -dot- com writes:
>From: DeeYG -at- aol -dot- com
>Subject: Win 95
>Date: 28 Aug 1995 13:34:12 -0000

>>I'm running '95. Works a hel of a lot better then 3.1 or 3.11 or 3.11WFW do.
> It IS still Windows but I run Corel, Pagemaker 5.0 Word 6.0 Photostyler and
>>they all perform much better and smother under '95.

>Well, I'm one of those people who's sitting back and waiting for the first
>set of bugs to show up and get fixed - MS has too long a history of releasing
>new products with a multitude of bugs. And I'm still more inclined to buy
>OS2 Warp anyways - I'm not a MS fan.

Except that IBM has as much as admitted that OS/2 is dead. They are also
giving up their license to incorporate Windows. That means that your choice of
software will shrink.

I wouldn't go to Windows 95 yet either, though we have had a lot people doing
beta testing at work, and it words very well. I'll wait until January. We'll
know for sure by then if there are any problems....