Re: Win 95

Subject: Re: Win 95
From: twood -at- ALBANY -dot- NET
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 1995 13:36:25 GMT

DeeYG -at- aol -dot- com wrote:

>>I'm running '95. Works a hel of a lot better then 3.1 or 3.11 or 3.11WFW do.
> It IS still Windows but I run Corel, Pagemaker 5.0 Word 6.0 Photostyler and
>>they all perform much better and smother under '95.

>Well, I'm one of those people who's sitting back and waiting for the first
>set of bugs to show up and get fixed - MS has too long a history of releasing
>new products with a multitude of bugs. And I'm still more inclined to buy
>OS2 Warp anyways - I'm not a MS fan.

Believe me, you'll be waiting quite some time for it to be debugged.
Currently I'm trying to get their tech support to do something about
the fact that my copy of Win95 keeps devouring my System fonts. It
corrupts them, I reinstall them, it corrupts them again an hour later.

Did anyone catch the CNN story (I believe it was CNN) about the
novelist who lost his entire book after upgrading to WIN95. Moral of
the story: 1- Never get something because it's new
2-always back up your work to removable media

Ted