questions about the field

Subject: questions about the field
From: Eileen Hawkins <eileen -at- EXPERT -dot- CC -dot- PURDUE -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 1995 10:47:47 -0500

This isn't in response to the similarly titled post, it just seemed like a
good subject at the time.
I hope this isn't out of place for this list or anything.

ANyway, I recently graduated from Purdue in Technical Writing and English. I
have not found a job yet (everyone wants 3-5 years experience of course)
Freelance work sounds very interesting, but that seems like you also
need a little experience before you jump into that...

I have thought about going to grad school-but no idea of where or in what.

So I would greatly appreciate suggestions on getting started
or if someone could point me to helpful pages on the WEB, or books, etc.

thanks for your time,

Eileen Hawkins
eileen -at- expert -dot- cc -dot- purdue -dot- edu