Application Notes

Subject: Application Notes
From: Nikki Griffin <NIKKIG -at- PUB4 -dot- BITNET>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 1995 14:27:50 -0600

Please respond to:

nikki -dot- griffin -at- symbios -dot- com

(the e-mail address that appears with my messages does not work for the internet
and mailing lists).

Have any of you ever written Application Notes? If so can you tell me:

1) What is the definition of an Application Note?

2) What usually goes into one?

3) Do they usually contain strictly hardware information or do they sometimes
include software information?

4) Are there any guidelines that should be or need to be followed when writing
an Application Note?

What makes them different from Reference Manual Information?

Any light you could shed on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nikki Griffin