Re: What is a Topic?

Subject: Re: What is a Topic?
From: David Dubin <David_Dubin -at- NOTES -dot- PW -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 1995 07:51:48 EDT

We have decided that a topic is either a single task that has a first step and
a last step and is completed in seven (plus/minus two) steps or the smallest
chunk of information about a particular subject. Because we deal with online
help and documentation, the topic is our base format. When someone invokes a
help aid, they want to know "something" immediately. That something could be
what do I do now, how do I do it, or what do I enter here.

Our greatest problem with writers is that they have not realized that a subject
is a compilation of topics and try to write help/online documentation from the
subject level.

david dubin -at- notes -dot- pw -dot- com@Internet
This has been one man's opinion, yours may vary with mileage.