Re: Automatic Indexing and upgraded Indexicon

Subject: Re: Automatic Indexing and upgraded Indexicon
From: Gretchen Toth <glt -at- ICONOVEX -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 1995 09:13:01 -0500

Lori Lathrop said:

>...there is a software package that claims to do
>automatic indexing...Iconovex, Inc. (in Bloomington, MN)
>developed a product called Indexicon, which has
>received some very negative reviews from professional indexers.

We do still claim we can do automatic indexing :-), and now
have a much improved Indexicon 1.1 for Word (and working on the
WordPerfect version). A beta version is available for testing.

>...Leverage Technologies (216-838-1203 - ask for Dave
>Ream), has developed an add-on product that lets users tailor Indexicon's
>output -- LexEdit for Indexicon 1.0. You can purchase both products,
>Indexicon and LexEdit for Indexicon 1.0, from Leverage Technologies.

LexEdit is actually a product WE developed as an add-on that has
now been integrated into Indexicon. Leverage is one of our distributors.
Contact information for Leverage is correct (thank you, Lori).

Gretchen L. Toth
Technical Writer
The Iconovex Corporation
gretchen -dot- toth -at- iconovex -dot- com