Re: dictionaries

Subject: Re: dictionaries
From: Mark Boyer <MBoyer -at- BANYAN -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 1995 11:08:45 EDT

For a general purpose dictionary I use only the Merriam Webster Collegiate,
in my opinion the best American Dictionary (despite the fact that I spent
seven years writing definitions for The American Heritage Dictionary). I
usually buy a new one whenever the latest revision comes out, though this
isn't all that important. For up-to-date currency, one should have the
latest version of a field-specific dictionary or terms list.
Original Text