Re. Being existent

Subject: Re. Being existent
From: Geoff Hart <geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 1995 08:43:12 LCL

Jim Garner asked for the difference between
"being" and "existence". Well, Jim, that's an easy
one: the former is the present participle of the
verb "to be", whereas the latter is a simple noun
(falling under the "state of _being_" category).
To paraphrase Jim, "You're not really being, you
just think you are." <grin>

Oh! You meant "philosophically"? That's a tougher
one. I vaguely recall something about the ability
to exist (as a stone exists) without being, but
the inability to be without existing. Does that
help a bit more?

--Geoff Hart @8^{)}
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

Disclaimer: If I didn't commit it in print in one
of our reports, it don't represent FERIC's
opinion.