to digest or not to digest

Subject: to digest or not to digest
From: "Kahn, Stacey" <skahn -at- WB -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 1995 15:50:20 U

Okay, so it's good netiquette to quote or summarize selected portions of
text--particularly if you're responding to a specific statement or question.
OTOH, IMO, a post like this one, which merely *adds* to a thread without
directly responding to any particular item, doesn't seem to call for quoting.

What *really* gets me is the messages that include the however- many-line
message header as part of the quoted text. That's lazy and inconsiderate. If
someone has the time to respond to a post, they have the time to delete the
header. I don't buy the "but that's how my email package defaults" excuse.

[Hmmm... someone..they? Yuck. But it's Friday.]

--Stacey Kahn Washington, DC
SKahn -at- wb -dot- com
speaking for myself and not for my employers