Re: "set" and the OED

Subject: Re: "set" and the OED
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- STARBASECORP -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 1995 13:20:17 -0700

Mike Uhl writes...
>[snip]
> There is nothing simple about the usage of "set." I suspect
> we could argue about its usage endlessly here on TECHWR-L.

Oh, Boy! What fun! I propose a time limit of
three weeks per thread and a frequency level of
once every three months (that should give the
true word-nerds among us plenty of time to dig
up new ammunition)!

Get ready to open your dictionaries...
Ready...
Set... (ooooops! There's that word!!!)
Define!

;-^)

Sue Gallagher
sgallagher -at- starbasecorp -dot- com

Where I didn't flinch before *they* did and gained another
week (but still don't have a full feature list finalized)!