ASSIGNMENTS OPEN

Subject: ASSIGNMENTS OPEN
From: Samuel C Goldman <techscg -at- WORLD -dot- STD -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 1995 10:58:05 +0059

This is Sam Goldman @ Techniscribe, Inc., an engineering writing firm in
Canton, Massachusetts. We do complex manuals and courses, mostly for
industrial firms in instrumentation, control and biomed. Much of this
involves database manipulation, and there is a lot of client interaction.

Assignment # 1
I have an excellent long term contract opportunity, 6 months to 1 year and
maybe beyond, for a person to work on-site at our client. The
requirements are an experienced technical writer with sufficient
programming knowledge to work with documents in UNIX and Microsoft
Windows and to work with programmers setting up an on-line doc system.
Work is on both PCs and Sun workstations, and interacts with the client
company, our firm, and a third party supplier of on-line authoring
software. Skills will include knowledge of SGML and HTML, and facility
with desktop publishing, currently FrameMaker 5 in use.

Client location is near us, just south of Boston.

Experience in writing (and presenting) training courses will be helpful.
The need on this job is immediate.

Assignment #2
To develop a set of short manuals involving database manipulation in
automatic control. Current documents in FrameMaker are to be updated, and
new material added. You will be on-site rarely, maybe once a week and
communication via net and modem of files is fine. Need very experienced
writer to assure smooth flow from current person who is to work on other
projects.

HOW TO REACH US
email is fine, but I'd also like to seek a resume by fax 617 828 8230. An
associated letter covering details that apply to these jobs is helpful.

Even if you don't link up with these tasks, we are currently personnel
limited, so send us a resume and letter. Most of our work in electrical,
mechanical, chemical and biomedical engineering oriented, 'though many of
the documents are software oriented and require little knowledge of the
technology, more of the computer manipulations.

All writing jobs are on contract: some by time, some by project. We have
been in business 9 years and would like to hear from you.

Sam Goldman, President