Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 10 Sep 1995 to 11 Sep 1995

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 10 Sep 1995 to 11 Sep 1995
From: Liz Bohn <Lbohn -at- UCSD -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 1995 17:10:02 -0700

I just received the TECHWR digest, and wonder about some guidelines about
what should/should not be included in digests. In this issue, there was a
solicitation of funds for Scott Glasrud, who is "running for the New Mexico
State Senate during the 1996 elections." Although he mentions his wish to
"combat the proposed state and federal regulations of the Internet," this
does not seem to fall within the guidelines for the tech writing forum.
There are, in fact, newsgroups that deal with exactly that issue -
regulation of the Internet; AND there are newsgroups that deal with
politics. I would like to suggest that solicitations like these be left
out of the digests.

In addition, Scott attached a document, "Kids First!", that took five
minutes for my machine to download - and my system isn't a particularly
underpowered or antiquated one.

Any other thoughts on this?

Liz