Re: FW: Scaling bitmaps

Subject: Re: FW: Scaling bitmaps
From: "Dan S. Azlin" <dazlin -at- SHORE -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 1995 00:33:51 -0400

On Mon, 11 Sep 1995, Delaney, Misti wrote:

> From: Price, Becca
> Subject: RE: Scaling bitmaps
> Date: Monday, September 11, 1995 4:05PM

> there are no good answers, but there are a couple of make-dos that will
> work. Paint Shop Pro is one, Smooth Scaling (by WexTech) is the other. You
> have to futz with both of them, but PSP in combination with ShegRez seems to
> work acceptably - at least for our use.
> -b

> ----------
> K Watkins asks:

> Does anyone know of a way to scale down screen shots for Windows Help files,
> and still keep them legible?

Check out a product called Picture Publisher for cleaning up the
scaled-down screen capture. It includes a set of filters that allow the
image to be cleaned up. It also has tools to manipulate the image. Note
that this is a product for editing photographic images so it has a lot of
sophisticated editing capabilities.

One the other hand, Corel Photo Paint is my tool of choice for cleaning
up screen captures. It has a filter to convert a color screen capture to
a grey-scale image that prints much better. It also has scaling
capabilities. I also find it a handy tool for doing touch-ups to the image.

Dan Azlin ** WORD ENGINEERS, Technical Writing & Publishing **
Ph/Fax: 508-921-8908 18 School Street
Internet: dazlin -at- shore -dot- net Beverly, MA 01915-4851