Re: Re[2]: bogus resume stuff

Subject: Re: Re[2]: bogus resume stuff
From: Karen Mayer <Karen_Mayer -dot- TOUCH_TECHNOLOGY -at- NOTES -dot- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 1995 10:54:37 EDT

I don't know about anyone else here, but my SAT scores are extremely
outdated! (Well, not THAT outdated <grin>!) If someone wants to know for
a job in 1995 how I performed on a test sometime in the 1970s, I'm sorry,
but that just isn't relevant. Besides, some people do not take tests
well. I believe that taking tests is a skill, and some folks just aren't
good at it. SAT scores have nothing to do with being a good writer. In
fact, I scored lower on verbal than on math, but then again, the SAT
(verbal) tests for vocabulary more than anything else. Does good
technical writing mean using big words that few people know?

Whoever wrote the ad that included the SAT score garbage is obviously
very proud of their OWN SAT scores, is likely still very young, and still
on the clueless side.

Just my own humble opinions.

-- km