Re[2]: what do you call it when your comput

Subject: Re[2]: what do you call it when your comput
From: powen -at- MAIL -dot- LMI -dot- ORG
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 1995 14:41:40 EST

Mike -

Totally right on, to the max, def . . . (you get the picture - I liked
your comment).;-]

Pam Owen
Nighhawk Communications
Reston, VA
Nighhawk1 -at- aol -dot- com, or powen -at- lmi -dot- org

Subject: Re: what do you call it when your comput
Author: "Starr, Mike" <Mike -dot- Starr -at- SOFTWARE -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM> at INTERNET2
Date: 8/31/95 5:41 PM

If the software being documented is unreliable enough that you have to
describe what to do when your computer locks up, the software isn't ready to
ship. Tell the programmers to fix it.
----------
From: Solveig Haugland
To: Multiple recipients of list TEC
Subject: what do you call it when your computer
Date: Thursday, August 31, 1995 10:58AM

Several terms are used to describe what happens when your computer just
won't
do anything--it's frozen, it locks up, it's hung, and so on. Has anyone
found

dignified, yet clear term to describe this? We've tentatively gone with "if
your computer stops processing" but it doesn't feel good.

This, of course, is to be distinguished from when one is "kicked out" of an
application--when it quits unexpectedly.

Thanks,

Solveig Haugland
shauglan -at- gps -dot- com