Re: WWW and Telecommuting

Subject: Re: WWW and Telecommuting
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 1995 16:35:33 -0500

Bill writes:

>Would love to telecommute. Visit the office a couple of times a
>week to catch up on the latest.

>Lot of employers have yet to acknowledge that tech writers are mature
>enough to handle this.

Although I choose to work on site (small town commutes aren't bad),
my employer has 12 telecommuters, some at very remote locations.
Several of our Houston employees work at home.

Those of you attending the STC R5Conf in Tulsa can discuss this with
him during the session, "Telecommuting Considerations for Telecommuters
and Their Employers." (Yes, I'm plugging the conference again!)

LaVonna
LaVonna F. Funkhouser Immediate Past President, OK Chapter
lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com Program Manager, 1995 Region 5 Conf.
COREStaff Communication Svcs. Society for Technical Communication
http://stc.org/region5/okc/conferences/region5conf.html

My opinions do not officially represent anyone other than me.