writing for html

Subject: writing for html
From: Tammy Hale <tammyh -at- FGM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 1995 06:20:08 -0400

I have a question about writing for on-line--specifically writing for the
Web (as opposed to writing on-line help using Robohelp, Doc-to-Help etc.)

If you are writing a new on-line document (*not* modifying an existing
document), how does your writing process differ from writing a paper
document? How does your preparation change? How does your organization
differ during the writing process?

I'm working for a company whose documentation will be completely on-line
within a year. I've been reading a lot (Horton, Brockman), and basically
just making up the process as I go along. Now I'm interested in hearing
about other people's on-line writing processes.

Thanks!
Tammy
tammyh -at- fgm -dot- com