OCR Software/Scanner Experiences?

Subject: OCR Software/Scanner Experiences?
From: "Bledsoe,Bill" <bledsoebl -at- AGEDWARDS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 1995 17:08:37 -0500

Hey gang,

We've been presented with a bit of a problem: Legacy reference documents
without their corresponding electronic files :-(. A lot of them :-( :-(

So... we're looking into getting a scanner and some OCR software and I was
counting on the list to do its usual bang-up job with recommendations on
both the scanner & the software ;-)

We use PC's (486 dx/66 w/16MB) and both Word 2 & 6.

That's your mission. Looking very forward to hearing what you all think.

Bill Bledsoe coming to you from the beautiful home office of
A.G. Edwards & Sons, Inc. in rainy downtown St. Louis, where the view
from the
Systems Administration Center is filled with enough work to keep even the
most eager
Technical Writer at work for years to come. (Glad to hear ya
on the
'net Mr. D. Dimock sir)

dead.letter dfKAA04441 dfOAA00404 dfQAA05872 dfQAA06006 dfRAA15141 dfSAA02038
qfRAA15141 sendm.log syslog syslog.old xfRAA15141
Bill's opinions are bill's, not Ben's or anyone else's at AGE

"Junk moved on line is still junk. You can bet that if they
didn't read the hard copy version, they won't read the
on-line version either!"
Dr. Conrad Gottfredson, On-line Document Guru-guy