Blunder

Subject: Blunder
From: MRS GINGER JONES <FFKB48A -at- PRODIGY -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 1995 00:44:39 EDT

The e-mail messages regarding blunders made in referring to a frozen
screen made me recall some of my own blunders. I, too, once told a
6' 2", 195 pound student of mine that he was hung--without realizing
what I had said, of course, until I heard the laughter in the room.

But the time I remember most vividly was when the service technician
for the computer lab was placing security screws on the mouses to
keep the students from stealing them. He ran out of screws and asked
me to mark which ones still needed to be fixed. So, I dutifully
placed a sign on about 5 computers that read, "Needs a little screw."
(Another teacher kept me from totally losing face by discovering it
before the students did.)

A lurker coming out of hiding.

G. Jones
FFKB48A -at- prodigy -dot- com